Deciding to relocate to a new community can be a difficult undertaking. Whether you’re wanting to be closer to family, relocating for a job opportunity, or just wanting a change of scenery, determining where you’d like to live, and what neighborhoods may fit your lifestyle best, can seem intimidating. There are many things to consider. Commute times, access to parks and schools, nearby attractions, and styles of homes are just a few things that can be determining factors when deciding where you’d like to plant your roots. If you’re considering a move to Flagstaff and the surrounding areas, this handy guide can give you a quick idea of what each area is like, through the eyes of those that live here!
Explore Flagstaff Arizona Neighborhoods
- Amenities: This area is located just west of Flagstaff off of I-40. Homes in this area are situated on large acreage lots, and consist of large custom homes and a beautiful pond at the center of the neighborhood.
- Lifestyle: Its proximity to millions of acres of Ponderosa Pines in the Coconino National Forest and large parcels may be ideal if you’re looking for privacy and space, while still being just minutes from downtown Flagstaff.
- Amenities: The Amberwood neighborhood is located in the southeastern corner of the Continental Country Club area. Adjacent to Arizona State Trust Land, these homes are typically on larger city lots, and feature larger custom home designs of numerous architectural types.
- Lifestyle: Amberwood’s unique location affords it the opportunity for access to countless hiking and biking trails through beautiful Ponderosa Pine forests, while also being in town with easy access to golf, dining, schools and shopping.
- Amenities: Situated off of Ft. Valley Road, Anasazi ridge is a unique neighborhood of newer, custom homes on large city lots of a half acre or more, while still having the convenience of all city utilities. Many homes in this area are of a modern architectural style, with unique features and industrial touches.
- Lifestyle: Given its proximity to Flagstaff Medical Center, this area is popular with doctors and nurses that would like a custom home, while still being comfortably in the city lifestyle, with access to shopping, dining, and more. Like many Flagstaff neighborhoods, it also enjoys access to Coconino National Forest hiking and biking trails.
- Amenities: Located off of Lake Mary Road in Flagstaff’s west side, Aspen Trails offers a multitude of home choices for a variety of needs. Smaller homes in the 1,500 square foot range may be a great choice for those looking for a less-costly option, with larger homes available that could be ideal for those needing more space and bedrooms. Homes in this area were built primarily in the late 1990’s, and many have been updated since.
- Lifestyle: Aspen Trails is great for those that would like to be near NAU as either students or faculty, or just on the west side for it’s shopping, dining and entertainment options. Being off of Lake Mary Road provides quick access to Lake Mary for fishing, boating, hiking and many more outdoor activities.
- Amenities: Conveniently located just off of I-40, Bellemont provides lots of options for homebuyers, just 10 miles west of Flagstaff. Bellemont primarily consists of a subdivision called Flagstaff Meadows, with one phase being built in the early 2000’s, and another one currently under construction. Homes in this area range from townhomes to larger 3,000 square foot homes, and everything in-between, at many different price points.
- Lifestyle: Because of it being outside of Flagstaff proper, Bellemont is attractive to many buyers because of the general lower cost of homes in the area. For many, the 10 mile drive is worth getting a bit more home for your buck, without sacrificing size or floor plan. It’s also very close to National Forest, and provides easy access to hiking, biking, and off-roading trails nearby.
- Amenities: Just off of Lake Mary Road, Bennett Estates offers a variety of homestyles for a wide variety of homebuyers. Featuring an eclectic mix of homes and architectural styles and sizes, most homes in this area were built in the late 1970’s and early 1980’s, but many have been tastefully updated. In Bennet Estate you’ll find homes from the 1,300 square foot range all the way up to much larger custom homes.
- Lifestyle: Bennett Estates is a great option for homebuyers looking for unique, kitschy, floor plans that truly have that “Flagstaff” feel, without sacrificing location or amenities. Being close to NAU, dining, shopping and more, you can also jump onto Lake Mary Road and head to fishing, watersports, and more.
- Amenities: Boulder Pointe is located off of University Avenue on the west side of Flagstaff, and offers a wide array of housing options. Smaller townhomes are available for those looking for a smaller home price and footprint, with larger custom homes also available for those needing more bedrooms and square footage, and yard space to spread out. Primarily built in the early 2000’s, this area remains popular for buyers looking for a newer neighborhood in city limits.
- Lifestyle: More often than not, you’ll find residents of Boulder Pointe out for a stroll through the quiet neighborhood, children riding bicycles, and neighbors enjoying their coffee on a front porch. Close to NAU and a short jaunt from downtown Flagstaff, yet tucked away out of major traffic flows, Builder Pointe is one of Flagstaff’s more desirable neighborhoods.
Bow and Arrow
- Amenities: Located in southwest Flagstaff, Bow and Arrow is one of Flagstaff’s oldest neighborhoods. With homes being built primarily in the 1950’s you’ll find classic charm throughout the area. Homes with a smaller footprint of 1,000-1,600 square feet are the predominant style you’ll find, which makes it a popular neighborhood for first-time homebuyers that don’t need a large home or higher home price point. It’s also a great area for buyers looking for a less expensive home that they can update themselves.
- Lifestyle: Near the Coconino Community College and NAU, Bow and Arrow is popular for students and first-time home buyers, especially those that would like to enjoy the countless nearby hiking and biking trails that surround it in beautiful Ponderosa Pine forest. There’s even a local park with basketball and playgrounds for kids and adults alike.
- Amenities: Literally across San Francisco from NAU, the Brannen Homes area is one of Flagstaff’s oldest neighborhoods, with homes being built primarily in the late 1940’s and 1950’s. Most homes in this area are smaller, single-level ramblers that were popular during that time period, which typically means a less expensive price point than many other Flagstaff areas.
- Lifestyle: Being located just off of the NAU campus, Brannen is very popular with students that enjoy being able to walk or bike anywhere on campus right to their front door. Because of the location and price point, this area is also very popular with investors, as the demand for student rentals in this area is always high.
- Amenities: Just a short drive up Fort Valley Road, Cheshire consists of a variety of homes styles, sizes, and price points. Small areas of townhomes are located here, along with 1,100-2,000 rambler style single- and multi-level homes, and even larger, custom homes in the foothills of the neighborhood.
- Lifestyle: Cheshire is a great area for those that love the outdoors. It’s surrounded by forests and numerous trails for hiking and biking. Take a left and in no time you’ll be at the Snowbowl Ski Resort too! Cheshire is also popular for being located in the Sechrist Elementary school boundary, which is one of Flagstaff’s top elementary schools.
Christmas Tree Estates
- Amenities: Located in northeast Flagstaff, Christmas Tree Estates offers a wide variety of housing types, from small condos, to manufactured homes, to duplexes, and single-family homes. Homes in this area tend to be smaller in size, with 900 square foot condos up to single family homes around 1,500 square feet. The smaller size and footprint makes these homes more affordable than many other areas, making it popular with first-time homebuyers and investors.
- Lifestyle: Christmas Tree Estates sits at the base of Mount Elden, making hiking and biking trails easily accessible. It’s also very close to many shopping and dining options at the Flagstaff Mall, and has easy access to I-40 to get to anywhere in Flagstaff quickly!
- Amenities: One of Flagstaff’s oldest and most established neighborhoods, Coconino Estates is also one of it’s most desirable. With most homes built in the 1950’s and 1960’s, Coconino Estates displays an eclectic charm that endears the locals. Homes here range from small, single-level to larger, renovated homes with modern amenities.
- Lifestyle: Just north of downtown Flagstaff and Flagstaff Medical Center, Coconino Estates is very popular because of its location and charming characteristics. Tree-lined streets and a central park are textbook “Flagstaff,” with the Flagstaff Urban Trail System providing a quick bike-ride or walk to downtown, Lowell Observatory, the Museum of Northern Arizona and more!
Continental Country Club
- Amenities: Built around the Continental Country Club, this area truly has something for everyone. Numerous condo developments provide options for seasonal owners that just want to take advantage of summertime golf, while other areas contain an eclectic mix of single-family home styles, including properties backing the golf course and large custom home estates.
- Lifestyle: The Continental Country Club really is designed with the golf club in mind. WIth multiple amenities like golf, pools, tennis and more, it offers locals many options for entertainment and enjoyment. Summertime also includes many organized activities from golf tournaments, to Fourth of July fireworks displays, and more. It also has the benefit of close proximity to Arizona State Trust lands with hiking and biking galore.
- Amenities: Cosnino Road is located east of Flagstaff between I-40 and Townsend-Winona Road. Consisting of larger acreage parcels, homes in this area vary greatly, from smaller manufactured homes to large, custom homesites. This area is known for smaller, Pinon Juniper vegetation and a slightly drier climate.
- Lifestyle: Because of the vegetation and large parcels, Cosnino is very popular with those needing horse facilities. The generally flat lots are ideal for pens, barns, and stables, and have quick access to numerous trails to ride on. It’s also great for those that would just like more land for privacy and seclusion.
- Amenities: Just off of Historic West Old Route 66, Crestview is one of Flagstaff’s newest neighborhoods, with homes still under construction. Built by Capstone Homes, these homes are built to be very energy efficient, with modern systems of air quality, insulation, and more. Some homes in this area even have an attached or detached guest house, which makes them a great solution for those looking to combine households or multi-generational living.
- Lifestyle: Tucked back behind the Railroad Springs Neighborhood, Crestivew has the feeling of a self-contained neighborhood, with plenty of sidewalks, a small park, and proximity to trails for hiking and biking. For those wanting the convenience of new construction and still being close to town, Crestview may be a great fit.
- Amenities: Doney Park is an area of Flagstaff that covers a large rural area northeast of Flagstaff. Because of its large parcels of 1 to 10 acres or more, Doney Park is popular with those needing a horse setup, or simply want the privacy and seclusion that having acreage affords. Homes here vary from small mobile homes to large custom homes with full horse setup.
- Lifestyle: The Doney Park lifestyle is one of rural persuasion. Many utilize their large properties for livestock, chickens, horses and more, and enjoy getting out of the hustle and bustle of Flagstaff proper. Many residents take advantage of nearby trails for off- roading, hiking and biking. Doney Park is also popular with astronomy buffs because of its accessibility to clear southern skies.
- Amenities: Like most downtown areas across the US, downtown Flagstaff is filled with history and charm. Housing options include condos, small single-family homes, and larger historic homes dating back to the turn of the century. You’ll often see architecture of brick, rock, and Ponderosa Pine that is native to Flagstaff.
- Lifestyle: Downtown Flagstaff is a very popular area for locals. Being right in the thick of music, art, dining, and culture provides nothing short of an abundance of entertainment options. Downtown, you’ll find City Hall and the adjacent Wheeler Park, a popular destination for outdoor picnics, local music festivals, and frequent arts and craft fairs. The City Hall parking lot is also the home of the summer Farmer’s Market, where you’ll find a wide array of homemade goods, produce, and meats from local farms and craftsmen.
East of Highway 89
- Amenities: East of Highway 89 you will find many neighborhoods ranging from open space to heavily treed. These lots are typically no less than 1 acre lots. Because of the vast range this area covers you could be within 10 minutes of town to 25 plus minutes to town. Farm animals and horses are allowed and many live here for that reason.
- Lifestyle: Trails for horseback riding, ATV, and hiking are plentiful as it backs forest service in many areas. Living East of Highway 89 provides that privacy of land and space but is also close enough to town to access all the amenities needed.
- Amenities: This Flagstaff neighborhood is located on the West side of town and was specifically designed for the horse lover, thus the name Equestrian Estates. Most homes are larger in size and have mostly treed, 1 acre plus lots. Equestrian Estates was first developed in the 1990’s and has become known as one of our premier luxury horse property neighborhoods with horse trails throughout.
- Lifestyle: If you are a horse owner this is the neighborhood for you. It is ideal for anyone who wants to live with a bit of land but still within the city limits.
- Amenities: Flagstaff Ranch is a private, gated, luxury golf community located Southwest of town. There are custom homesites as well as pre-built craftsman style and custom homes available. Featuring an 18-hole golf course and 25,000 square-foot clubhouse, Flagstaff Ranch is popular among golfers and their families. With a clubhouse, fitness center and outdoor pool among a few of the amenities.
- Lifestyle: Many who live in Flagstaff Ranch love to golf. This community has many walking and golf cart paths throughout and a large clubhouse for those who wish to enjoy dinner or drinks after a day on the links.
- Amenities: Forest Highlands is a well-established private golf community, located just 5 miles south of Flagstaff. If you’re searching for real estate in Forest Highlands, you’ll find luxury homes and membership amenities, including 2 clubhouses, two golf courses, a disc golf course, 24/7 gate security, and much more. Homes in Forest Highlands range from smaller single level homes to multi level, large estates.
- Lifestyle: Forest Highlands provides 2 golf courses and clubhouses so many who choose to live here are big golfers. Forest Highlands’ location provides easy access to both Sedona and the west side of Flagstaff.
- Amenities: The Fort Valley neighborhood is just north of Downtown Flagstaff, at the foot of the San Francisco Peaks. The neighborhood offers easy access to Arizona Snowbowl as well as The Museum of Northern Arizona, and Flagstaff Arts and Leadership Academy. There are spectacular views of the San Francisco Peaks from almost every home here.
- Lifestyle: Fort Valley is popular with those who like being closer to the mountain. Whether for the views or for access, both are HUGE in Fort Valley. Many homes here have a good amount of land. Whether you want horses, farm animals or just like to be a little further from your neighbor, this neighborhood has it!
- Amenities: Foxglenn Neighborhood is nestled just east of Downtown Flagstaff, easily accessible from Butler Avenue and the 40. Foxglenn Park, which has a skate park, picnic area, soccer and baseball fields is located just across Butler ave. With parks and schools nearby, there is truly something for everyone!
- Lifestyle: With nearby parks and trails, Foxglenn is an ideal place for those wanting to be outside and enjoy these amenities. Many families move here because of its proximity to schools as well.
- Amenities: The Foxwood neighborhood is just off of Lake Mary road on the west side of Flagstaff. It provides access to the Flagstaff Urban Trail system, has a close proximity to NAU and Flagstaff Pulliam Airport is only minutes away.
- Lifestyle: This is a very quiet neighborhood with hiking & biking trails close by. There is also a small community park. Foxwood is located within 10 minutes of downtown Flagstaff.
- Amenities: Greenlaw neighborhood is centrally located to the East of Fourth St, with lots of restaurants and grocery stores in very close proximity. Built in the 1950’s, these homes are typically single level on flat lots. Mature trees line the streets and provide for great shade and tons of fruit trees. There is no HOA in the single family home areas, but there is a HOA in the townhome area.
- Lifestyle: With the ease of access to bus lines, major roads and many stores, this is a popular neighborhood for many families. Bushmaster Park sits in the center of lower Greenlaw and has bike trails, skate park, picnic areas and 2 different playgrounds.
- Amenities: Herold Ranch neighborhood is a rare neighborhood that sits on a county island within the center of Flagstaff directly off Butler Ave. These homes range from small cabins to expansive estates. All have no less than 1 acre parcel. Enjoy privacy galore while being close to town and all the amenities. No HOA. Herold Ranch has acess to the National Forest throughout, as it backs it on 3 sides.
- Lifestyle: Privacy with all the amenities of town so close. National Forest all around for easy access to hiking and biking trails.
- Amenities: Highland Meadows is an upscale neighborhood south of Flagstaff off I-17, close to Mountainaire. Most homes in this community are on large treed lots and some are horse properties. Enjoy true mountain living feeling here as most properties are in large ponderosa pine forested areas. Most homes here are on a well water system.
- Lifestyle: Highland Meadows is a popular choice for those who want privacy in the woods. Horse lovers flock here as well. Still within 15 minute drive to Flagstaff but with a rural feel, it has the best of both worlds.
- Amenities: Kachina Village is about 7 miles south of Flagstaff in the county. Homes here range from small cabins to newer stick built homes. Kachina Village butts up to the National Forest so there are many trails for hiking and biking. Kachina Village has become a popular vacation destination for snow play and primary residents alike.
- Lifestyle: Those who enjoy being “away from it all” really like living here. Outdoor activities galore. Less than 3000 people live here so it provides that quiet neighborhood feel, just 10 minutes from Flagstaff proper. There is also a County Park with basketball courts, playgrounds and a pond. They also have a dollar store and a small convenience store and restaurant across I-17 in Mountainaire.
Lake Mary Park Estates
- Amenities: Lake Mary Park Estates is a small neighborhood just off of Lake Mary Rd. A combination of manufactured homes and stick built homes make up this less than 200 home neighborhood. HOA is minimal. Homes in this neighborhood are typically below our median home price and can be considered affordable.
- Lifestyle: With the close proximity to restaurants, grocery stores and many retail stores, this is a desired location within the west side of town. There are hiking and biking trails close by as well as the bus line.
Lakeside Acres 31
- Amenities: Lakeside acres is considered an exclusive, upscale, non-gated community just off Butler Ave across from Continental Country Club. Homeowners can enjoy the amenities of the country club. Surrounding Lake Elaine, many homes in this neighborhood have over an acre of land. Prices and homes here vary greatly but are typically well over median home price. Some homes have amazing views of the San Francisco peaks.
- Lifestyle: Close to trails, grocery stores and the Flagstaff Mall. Larger luxury homes with privacy on land within the city. Golf and Continental Country Club amenities. This neighborhood is typically highly desired.
- Amenities: Linwood Heights is Northwest of downtown Flagstaff off Fort Valley Rd. This neighborhood is tucked away in the Ponderosa Pines with mostly custom, luxury homes. Many of these homes are on one acre lots, all have city utilities and a private park to enjoy for residence. Bordering the Cheshire neighborhood, close to Arizona Snowbowl and across from the San Francisco Peaks, this neighborhood rarely has homes come up for sale and is highly desired.
- Lifestyle: Linwood Heights’ location and proximity to Arizona Snowbowl, hiking/biking trails and its own park makes it a desired homesite for all lifestyles.
- Amenities: Lockett Park is a pocket neighborhood within the Cheshire community along the Northwest corridor of Flagstaff. The homes are considered to be custom, high-end. Hiking and Biking trails along with a community park make this a popular family choice. Many homes here have beautiful unobstructed views of the San Francisco peaks.
- Lifestyle: Lockett Park’s location and proximity to Arizona Snowbowl, hiking/biking trails make it a desired location for many.
- Amenities: Lockett Ranches is a highly desirable neighborhood in the Northwest corridor. On the right side of Fort Valley Rd., this neighborhood boasts large, treed lots and custom high-end homes. Most have unobstructed views of the San Francisco Peaks. There are lots of hiking and biking trails with the National Forest Service access closeby.
- Lifestyle: Close to downtown and all the amenities that come with that make this neighborhood a very popular choice. Arizona Snowbowl is just minutes away. Peaceful and private, yet close to everything!
- Amenities: Mobile Haven is a small, mobile home community located just a few miles east of Flagstaff Mall off Hwy 89. Homes here are often well below the median home price and are considered affordable. Close to grocery stores, shopping and restaurants. Mount Elden is right at your footsteps with hiking and biking trails galore.
- Lifestyle: Mobile Haven is a popular choice for its affordability and proximity to amenities.
Mount Elden Foothills
- Amenities: Mount Elden Foothills is located at the base of Mount Elden on the east side of town. Homes here have all been built within the last 20 years. There is a mix of townhomes and single family homes in Mount Elden Foothills. All single family homes have good sized yards. All townhomes have yards and garages.
- Lifestyle: Hiking and biking trailheads right out your front door make this newer-built neighborhood a top choice. Close to Flagstaff Mall, grocery stores and shopping.
- Amenities: About 10 miles south of Flagstaff proper and within easy reach of the city’s beautiful Ponderosa pine forests, the Mountainaire neighborhood of Flagstaff is a great place to connect with nature without giving up the convenience of nearby businesses and amenities.
- Lifestyle: Quiet, peaceful atmosphere but close enough to Flagstaff city for all of your shopping needs.
- Amenities: Munds Park is located 22 miles south of Flagstaff and consists of mostly seasonal homeowners and renters up in the Northland to escape the heat of the summer in the Valley and southern Arizona. Munds Park does have an 18 hole golf course (Pinewood) and multiple bars and restaurants.
- Lifestyle: Quiet area with quick access to the surrounding Coconino national forest. A nice laid back area
NoHo (North of Hospital)
- Amenities: Noho, or north of the hospital is one of Flagstaff’s most desirable neighborhoods with its close proximity to downtown, Highway 180 corridor, and its access to Buffalo park and Mcmillan Mesa. There is the Jay Lively Ice rink for those hockey players. The Flagstaff Elks lodge is also located in Noho, and there is a great disc golf course located directly behind the Ice rink.
- Lifestyle: True Flagstaff living with close access to hike, bike, skate, or just enjoy the views.
North Highway 180
- Amenities: Up the fort valley corridor/ Highway 180, there are many different small areas of homes from Hidden Hollow rd to Baderville, and all the way out to the Nordic center and beyond. The Nordic Center is 9 miles from Snowbowl road or 13 miles from Downtown. Lots of custom homes tucked into the forest with large lots sizes ranging from 1 acre to upwards of 20+. There are incredible mountain biking trails as well as hiking all over this area as it is the gateway to the San Francisco Peaks. Don’t forget Arizona Snowbowl and the winter skiing and summer Scenic skyride.
- Lifestyle: Laid back and quiet, this is a perfect spot for stargazing as you are at 7400 ft at the base of snowbowl road in the Baderville area.
- Amenities: Large lots with close proximity to trails abound in this area atop of Mars hill and behind the Kinlani dormitories off of Thorpe Rd. This area has larger lot sizes and some larger homes. You are tucked in the forest and are only minutes away from Downtown. This area is great for riding bikes or taking a dirtbike out with quick access to the forest. Northridge/Westridge is a hidden neighborhood in Flagstaff that few people even know about.
- Lifestyle: Rural living within minutes of downtown, this area offers the quiet appeal of a property 30 miles out of town with the amenities of in town.
- Amenities: 20 miles west of Flagstaff you have the rural community of Parks, which has a quiet western vibe to it. A great little general store off of Spring Valley rd that cooks up a mean pizza pie and endless forest await you. Down old Route 66 you have more rural houses ranging from trailers to manufactured homes all the way up to the custom built Homes. Incredible views of the San Francisco Peaks from north on Spring valley road also give you access to trails to hike Kendrick mountain and forest service roads to connect you with the Highway 180 Corridor.
- Lifestyle: Laid back mountain living at its finest. Also don’t miss out on a great 4th of July parade that the people of Parks put together.
- Amenities: One of Flagstaff’s premier gated communities with incredible amenities, Pine Canyon is the place to find a dream custom built home inside city limits. There is a premier 18 hole golf course designed by Jay Morrish who also co-designed the Canyon golf course at Forest Highlands. Pine canyon has a stunning clubhouse that hosts weddings and multiple events every year with the stunning backdrop of the golf course with lakes, and lush vegetation. They also have a great pool area and practice facilities for golfers and workout facilities. There is truly something for everyone.
- Lifestyle: Gated community living, with million dollar homes throughout. This is a playground for the wealthy 2nd home owners of the valley and areas around the country. Learn more about what it’s like to live in Pine Canyon.
- Amenities: A hidden neighborhood off of highway 89 just south of Fort Tuthill county park, this area has grandfathered in city water, which is a plus for this area. Most of the homes, however, are not on city sewer thus requiring septic systems for most homes. Pine Del forms a triangle with two other areas, Forest Highlands and Kachina Village. The wide open forest is only minutes away and Flagstaff is only 5-10 minutes away.
- Lifestyle: Laid back atmosphere on the outskirts of Flagstaff.
- Amenities: Pine Knoll is located in close proximity to NAU’s south campus, which makes it a large student rental area. There are many townhomes, condos, apartment complexes, and homes sprinkled into this area. Pine Knoll is close to the Flagstaff Urban Trail System (FUTS) so even though you’re living in a large complex, you can still be out on the trail walking your dog or biking in minutes.
- Lifestyle: With student housing, you can expect more noise, and more police activity than other areas of town. Its close proximity to trails is a chance to escape the noise and find peace in nature.
- Amenities: Incredible location located just above Downtown in the true center of Flagstaff. This area is in the top 3 most desirable areas (our opinion), along with Coconino Estates and downtown proper. Some beautiful homes that have great views of downtown and surrounding areas. You can’t beat the ability to walk downtown to eat, shop, or enjoy some music.
- Amenities: Newer neighborhood with predominantly townhomes, located just off of Lone tree road and John Wesley Powell Boulevard, across the street from Pine Canyon. These units boast newer amenities throughout the Townhomes. You are minutes from great mountain biking trails directly across Lone Tree Rd.
- Lifestyle: Popular with students and second home owners. These units with their move-in condition are appealing to people from all walks of life.
- Amenities: Beautiful subdivision located just south of town off of Lake Mary Road. This area was developed in the early 2000’s and offers homes ranging in size from 2 bed/2 bath all the way up to 6 bed/3 bath homes. There are many custom built homes in this subdivision and there are many apartment complexes adjacent to the subdivision on High Country Trail. Great walking areas and parks in the area with an elementary school (Mountain Day School).
- Lifestyle: Families and 2nd home owners like the convenience and access off of I-17, along with properties being in newer condition
- Amenities: New homes built in the last 15 years, and building is still ongoing. Presidio is a great spot for those first time homebuyers. Townhomes and single family homes are available, with close proximity the southwest of town and I-40. A short drive from the Arboretum of Flagstaff down Woody Mountain Road.
- Lifestyle: Close to town and forest access right down Woody Mountain Rd.
- Amenities: Railroad Springs is a manufactured home subdivision with some Condos and Townhomes located off of old Route 66. This is a good neighborhood to find a starter home, as prices are anywhere from high two hundreds to mid to high 300 thousand range. The subdivision was developed in the early 2000’s.
- Lifestyle: Close to trails and parks located in the subdivision
- Amenities: There are condos and townhomes abound in the Rio Homes area. This is a large student housing hub along with Pine Knoll. Newer units with close proximity to south campus draw many students and parents to buy in this location. Urban trail and parks are all close to this area.
- Lifestyle: Student living hub with quiet summers and busy school years. There is limited off-street parking.
- Amenities: One of the most sought-after locations in Flagstaff, with incredible homes ranging in age from the 60’s to custom new homes. This is an area of the old school Flagstaff elite. This area backs Mars Hill and has some large acreage lots on top of Mars Hill and some normal sized lots below on streets such as Kittredge, and the volcanic named streets such as Boulder, Basalt or Lava. The close proximity to downtown and all the amenities that downtown offers makes this area very sought after.
- Lifestyle: Wealthy more affluent area of northwest Flagstaff, but also boasts quick access to all the outdoor amenities of town such as the hiking, and biking trails.
- Amenities: One of the more sought-after areas of town, located just east of Buffalo Park and above Upper Greenlaw and Swiss Manor. Shadow Mountain offers a great quiet neighborhood with access to all parts of town in a short drive. There is incredible mountain biking just northeast on the El Paso Natural gas pipeline that acts as a thoroughfare for hikers and bikers going to or from Buffalo Park.
- Lifestyle: Family-friendly area with the outdoors at your fingertips with close proximity to shopping and schools.
- Amenities: Great location just outside of the Country Club area in east Flagstaff. Developed in the mid to late 90’s, Sinagua Heights offers larger homes that have great forest views and some smaller 3 bed/2 bath style single level homes. Right next to Sinagua Heights, you have Knoles Elementary school which, along with Sechrist school, is rated in the top 2 of elementary schools in Flagstaff. Across the street is Sinagua Middle School and Northland Preparatory Academy, and just below Sinagua Heights, you have the huge Foxglenn Park.
- Lifestyle: Ideal location for families with kids because of the proximity to the schools.
Slayton Ranch Estates
- Amenities: Rural eastside subdivision with a lot of new construction, larger parcel sizes offer stunning views of the San Francisco Peaks and Mt. Elden. A little farther out of town, but only a 15 minute drive into town from Slayton Ranch Estates.
- Lifestyle: Retirees and families alike with access to trails and areas perfect for ATV’s.
- Amenities: Smokerise is located on the east side of town east of Flagstaff Mall. The homes in smokerise are single family homes and are usually under $400,000. Very close proximity to Hwy 89. There are also great views of Mt Elden.
- Lifestyle: There are a few parks and hiking and biking trails in this neighborhood.
Summit Park Condos
- Amenities: Summit Park Condos are centrally located off of Butler Ave., close to downtown (3 miles), NAU (3 miles) and Flagstaff Medical Center (4 miles). Enjoy the wandering sidewalks under a canopy of ponderosa pines, and common area with two commercial-grade gas grills, and beautiful landscaping maintained by the HOA. Peacefully quiet, yet within walking distance to Foxglen Park, Sinagua High School, Northland Preparatory Academy, Knoles Elementary, Mountainline bus stop, Gore, and the Flagstaff Aquaplex.
- Amenities: Sunnyside is an area of Flagstaff that one would consider to be the “original” Flagstaff. Homes in this neighborhood tend to be single family homes and one level. Its location is truly the center of Flagstaff so you are rather close to all areas of town.
- Lifestyle: There are various parks and skate parks in the area.
- Amenities: Swiss Manor is located in the northeast side of Flagstaff. It’s a peaceful neighborhood at the foot of Mt. Elden. Most of the homes in the Swiss Manor area are single-family homes, with a few townhomes and larger homes as well.
- Lifestyle: With its very close proximity to Mt. Elden, there are unlimited hiking and biking trails from your front door.
Switzer Mesa Area
- Amenities: The Switzer Ridge/Mesa Neighborhood is quiet, peaceful community that is just minutes away from Downtown, close to Flagstaff Medical Center, and close to schools. A lot of the homes for sale in the area are newly built, and range from townhomes to single family homes.
- Lifestyle: This neighborhood is right around the corner from the Flagstaff YMCA and Buffalo Park.
- Amenities: A condo community located West of town with close proximity to Northern Arizona University, bus stops and downtown. There are studio, 1 bedroom, 2 bedroom and 3 bedroom condos available.
- Lifestyle: There are group community rooms for rent, workout facilities and laundry. The Arbors is great for those that would like to be near NAU as either students or faculty, or just on the west side for its shopping, dining and entertainment options.
- Amenities: The Sanctuary neighborhood is located south of downtown off of Lake Mary road and has easy access to I17-I40. This is a newer community with homes ranging in size from 2000-2700 square feet.
- Lifestyle: Along with many neighborhoods in Flagstaff, this neighborhood is close to hiking and biking trails and is right off of Lake Mary road which is a road biker’s meca. It also provides quick access to Lake Mary for fishing, boating, and many more outdoor activities.
- Amenities: As the first International Dark Sky housing community in the world, Timber Sky is designed to balance both nature and urban life, providing its residents with refinement, yet affordability. Timber Sky has plenty to offer to its residents and is perfect for first-time homeowners — with prices starting in the $200’s.
- Lifestyle: With a long list of amenities including shared gardens, pocket parks with picnic areas, a pickleball court, playgrounds, and easy access to the Flagstaff Urban Trail System.
- Amenities: This is a cluster-style condo community on the East side of town. Some of the condos have views of the private Aspen Valley Golf course. Some also have great views of the San Francisco Peaks and Mt Elden. There are 1 bedroom, 2 bedroom and 3 bedroom floorplans.
- Lifestyle: On the community property, there is an indoor basketball or multi-sport gym, a workout room, and an outdoor pool and hot tub.
Townsend Winona Area
- Amenities: The Townsend Winona neighborhood is a quiet community located east of Downtown Flagstaff, near Doney Park. Most of the homes are nestled on multiple-acre lots with plenty of space between neighbors.
- Lifestyle: This neighborhood allows for horses and other livestock on property. It is also located near many forest trails that allow biking, hiking and horseback riding.
- Amenities: Trails End is a new neighborhood on the east side of Flagstaff. All of the homes in Trails End include front porch areas and detached garages in the back of the home. Floorplans range from 1,023 sq. ft. to 1,678 sq. ft., with both single level and split-levels available.
- Lifestyle: The neighborhood has walking paths and views of Mt. Elden. It is also very close to forest trails for hiking and biking.
- Amenities: The University Heights community is located in the southwestern part of Flagstaff with easy access to interstate 40 and 17. The homes in this area tend to have larger lots and tend to be sloped so there are more multi level homes in the lower part of University Heights. The homes in the upper section of University Heights are more level lots so you might be able to find single level homes.
- Lifestyle: With access to the Flagstaff Urban Trails System, and close proximity to NAU and the Flagstaff Pulliam Airport. De Miguel elementary school is located in this neighborhood.
- Amenities: The University Meadows neighborhood is a neighborhood off of the University Heights neighborhood. It consists of newer craftsman style homes. This neighborhood is close to Northern Arizona University and I17 and I40.
- Lifestyle: There is a neighborhood park and many forest trails in the neighborhood.
- Amenities: The Walnut Meadows neighborhood is located on the east side of Flagstaff, near Continental Country Club. The area offers lots of pine and aspen trees and varying lot sizes. The lots in Walnut Meadows are flat and there is a higher number of single level homes in this neighborhood.
- Lifestyle: A home in Walnut Ridge will put you in close proximity to Oakmont restaurant and the public golf course, Continental Country Club. Also, a lot of the homes in this neighborhood have very close proximity to many forest hiking and biking trails.
- Amenities: Like Walnut Meadows, the Walnut Ridge neighborhood is located on the east side Flagstaff, near Continental Country Club. The area offers lots of pine and aspen trees and varying lot sizes. Homes in Walnut Ridge area tend to be multiple level due to the sloping terrain and will be larger in bedroom count and square footage compared to the neighboring area of Walnut Meadows.
- Lifestyle: A home in Walnut Ridge will put you in close proximity to Oakmont restaurant and the public golf course, Continental Country Club. Also, a lot of the homes in this neighborhood have very close proximity to many forest hiking and biking trails.
- Amenities: This neighborhood is located on the west side of town with close proximity to interstate 40. The homes in this area have larger lots between 2-10 acres and some back National Forest service.
- Lifestyle: This is a great location if you want some space. There is space for everything.
- Amenities: Perfect for full-time residents or second homeowners, Woodshire on Butler was built with affordability in mind. Residents have their pick of a variety of 2-story bungalows from a series of 50-single-family homes, all tucked away in a wooded area just minutes from Continental Country Club, and just a short drive from Downtown Flagstaff, NAU, Arizona Snowbowl and everything that Flagstaff has to offer.
- Lifestyle: The WoodShire on Butler bungalows are very affordable, and just minutes from NAU and downtown Flagstaff. Hidden in the woods, you’ll find serenity and the best of Flagstaff living in WoodShire on Butler.
Schedule an Appointment to Speak with Us About Flagstaff’s Neighborhoods Today
We would be happy to help you decide which neighborhood suits you and your family best, or answer any questions you may have about specific neighborhoods. Contact the Best Flagstaff Homes Team today! If you would like to search Flagstaff homes by neighborhood, click the link below.