Pine Canyon is a beautiful gated community and the only golf course development to be located within Flagstaff, Arizona city limits. What is also wonderful about this community, is that it is the only gated community in which you do not have to be a member of the golf club or clubhouse. Of course, with all the amazing things that the Pine Canyon Clubhouse and golf course has to offer, it would be foolish not to become a member. However, should you not be a golfer, it is a nice option to not be required to join.
There are also many different living options in Pine Canyon as well. There is everything from smaller condo-style living or townhomes to large custom estate lots and homes.
- The Mountain Vista Condos are an option for those homeowners that seek a “Lock and Leave” style living. There are four different floorplans, all including 2 car garages, ranging from 1,860-1,989 square feet.
- The Elk Creek Townhomes in Pine Canyon are another option of the “Lock and Leave” concept. Some of the townhomes are located on the #12 hole or backing forest or state land. These homes also have 2 car garage and range from 2,000-3,140 square feet.
- The Deer Creek Cabins is the newest development and are single-family homes with a rustic feel, with metal roofs and natural stone and a choice of 3 or 4 bedrooms, and 2 car garage. There are four-floor plans ranging from 2,227 to 3,177 square feet.
- If you want the option to build your own custom home there are wonderful lots still available or you have the many re-sale options available.
As mentioned before, this is the only private, gated community that offers the option to not purchase a membership, however, you would still be responsible for the HOA fees which cover the gate maintenance as well as road and trail maintenance.
- Coconino Ridge / Creekside Village / Custom Residences / Deer Creek / Homesites $735/quarter; $245/month
- Elk Pass Townhomes $3,219/quarter; $1,073/month
- Mountain Vista Condominiums $1,815/quarter; $605/month
Should you be interested in a membership at the Pine Canyon Club
There are 2 Membership Options Available at Pine Canyon
The highest membership is called the “Summit Membership (golf membership)”
Members at this level enjoy unlimited access to each area of the facilities, special benefits for family members and the ability to enjoy reservations and tee times ahead of any other class of membership.
Summit Membership Initiation Fee // $300,000 (refundable) or $150,000 (non-refundable) $1,500/month
The second level of membership is called the “Alpine Membership.”
Alpine Members enjoy a specially designed membership access program centered on all sports activities of the club besides golf. However, this membership allows for a limited amount of golf access and the going rate of a round of golf will apply. Members in this category have access to the Pine Canyon Clubhouse, Camp Pine Canyon, tennis facilities, spa, and fitness areas.
Alpine Membership Initiation Fee // $110,000 (refundable) or $55,000 (non-refundable) $680/month
Homeowner’s Association Dues
The Pine Canyon Golf Course:
The golf course was designed by Jay Morrish and offers challenging play, picturesque mountain scenery, impeccable greens and broad fairways. During development, Morrish took full advantage of the sweeping panoramic views and dynamic topography resulting in frequent elevation changes among towering Ponderosa pines. Golfers encounter much more water than they might anticipate for a mountain course, with numerous ponds and trout-stocked lakes strategically placed across the rolling fairways. Whether a seasoned golfer or an occasional competitor, there is a little bit of heaven at every hole.
Do you like to Hike?
There is also wonderful hiking right outside your back door
Pine Canyon offers some of the best hiking trails in the area – both adjacent to the community and in the greater Flagstaff area. A short two-mile hike from Pine Canyon will lead you to the spectacular Walnut Canyon and Fisher Point.
Pine Canyon has the main road, Clubhouse Circle, which is exactly a 3-mile circle. Stay on the property, and take a challenging walk around the circle.
Trout Creek Park Offers Fun For The Whole Family
Trout Creek Park is Pine Canyon’s community recreation area, providing homeowners the chance to enjoy outdoor activities and family leisure. The park has a ramada with barbecue grills, a custom children’s playhouse, restroom facilities, and playground equipment with slides, swings, and rock wall. In addition, the park features a shuffleboard area, horseshoe activities and badminton court. Four-legged friends enjoy a private park and Trout Creek is stocked with Rainbow Trout for family-oriented, catch-and-release fishing.
If any of this sounds like a place you want to explore or live, don’t hesitate to contact us for your personal tour of homes and facilities.
Click here for a current list of all homes available in Pine Canyon. As always, if you’re interested in purchasing a home in Flagstaff, Pine Canyon, or any of our surrounding areas fee free to reach out to us.