Square Footage: N/A
Year Built: N/A
Area: Williams Rural North
Last Updated: August – 25 – 2022
Map & Directions
Welcome to Williams, Arizona, located in the heart of the Kaibab National Forest at an elevation of 6,770 feet.
Founded in 1881, Williams was named for the famous trapper, scout and mountain man, “Old Bill Williams.” A statue of “Old Bill” stands in Monument Park, located on the west side of the city. The large mountain directly south of town is named Bill Williams Mountain and the Town was incorporated July 9, 1901.
Also known as the “Gateway to the Grand Canyon®,” Williams was the last town on Historic Route 66 to be bypassed by Interstate 40. The community, bypassed on Oct. 13, 1984, continues to thrive on tourism.